Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
It's a sweet-ish barbeque flavor. A little bit of Texas and Chinese culture. I made it up for my mom and dad and my sister and they love it.
- 1⁄2 cup sweet Chinese chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the chicken breast into 2 inch pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then add the chicken pieces. Fry until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- While the chicken is frying, mix the three sauces in a bowl and add the chili powder.
- Pour off any excess oil from the chicken, then add the combined sauces. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over plain white rice with snow peas and corn.
- EMW - age 11.