Recipe by brownstone gal
Sweet and savory moist corn cakes great with any Mexican dish.
Top Review by Dwynnie
This was really good! It went perfectly with chili and was very easy (I cheated and used my stick blender to chop the corn in with the butter, etc.). I also used all cornmeal as my grocery store only had a large bag of masa. I did cut back on the sugar a bit (and next time will add more a little more salt). Thank you for a keeper!
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup masa harina
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine until fluffy. Gradually beat in masa harina. On low speed, beat in water.
- Place corn in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped coarse. Stir in masa mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, cornmeal, cream, baking powder, and salt. Stir into corn mixture. Spread in a greased, 8-inch-square baking pan. Cover with foil. Place in a larger pan and pour boiling water half way up the side of the smaller pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until set.
- Remove smaller pan from water, uncover, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.