Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We used to love the seafood enchiladas at Chi-Chi's. Since they have gone out of business, we haven't had anything like them. When I found this on the web, I knew I had to post it here for safe keeping -- will have to try soon and see if it hits the mark!! This is a microwave recipe,
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces crab, chopped (real or imitation)
- 1 3⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 flour tortillas (5 or 6 inch size)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash pepper
- In a mixing bowl stir together soup, onion, nutmeg and black pepper.
- In another bowl, place half of the soup mixture, crab, and 1 cup of the Monterey jack cheese; set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave for 30-60 seconds (until soft and slightly warm).
- Place 1/3 cup mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a greased 12 x 7 1/2 dish.
- Stir milk into the reserved soup mixture, pour over enchiladas.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 12-14 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes.
I made this exactly as written except the dish didn't fit in my microwave so I had to make some changes. I topped the enchiladas with the cheese and baked them, uncovered, for 20 minutes at 350*. They came out perfect!! This is definitely a 5 star recipe all the way. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-South and Central America.
I do not generally prepare entire meals in the microwave, so this was really a nice departure. I used real crab and followed the recipe exactly as written. It came together quickly, although I ended up using only 6 tortillas and overstuffed them nicely. I will turn to this again when I am in a pinch. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.