Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe came from a copycat recipe site, I often visit
Make and share this Chi Chi's Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- Cut up stewed tomatoes and combine in saucepan with onions, fresh tomato, salt and pepper.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Boil hard 1 min.
- and remove from heat.
- Put half of mixture through blender just to mince fine, but not to puree.
- Return to remaining half of mixture.
- Cool and refrigerate in tightly covered container.
- Use within a few weeks.
- Freezes well up to 6 months.
I just tried this today, it is horrible. Do not waste your time.
The real Chi Chi's restaurant salsa had onions.
I don't think I'd call this chi chi's at all. Not a bad salsa tho, I actually liked it, just not chi-chi's