This is my clone version of Chi-Chi's original Mexican Pizza, before they changed the recipe and went out of business, lol.
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or use Pam spray)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 6 ounces black olives, chopped
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 6 ounces green chilies, chopped, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fry the ground beef with the water, the cumin, oregano and salt, stirring until the water has evaporated; drain excess grease; cool.
- Rub each tortilla on each side with a bit of vegetable oil.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and top with the seasoned beef, veggies, then the cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Yummy! I cooked the ground beef and then, rather than the spices listed, I used ChiChi's taco seasoning. Then I had to omit the chiles and onions because I didn't have any. Still very yummy!