1/1 Photo of Chi Chi's Beef Chimichangas
Delicious recipe that is quite similar to a popular Chi Chi's restaurant dish. Seasoned ground beef and cheese are rolled in a tortilla, smothered in green chile sauce, topped with sour cream and sliced green onions. I adapted this from a posting at recipelink submitted by "Jill". It is important to use Chi Chi's restaurante fiesta seasoning mix. Don't skip the sauce or garnishes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package Chi Chi's restaurante fiesta seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 -12 inches flour tortillas
- vegetable oil
- 8 ounces green chilies, 2 cans 4 ounce each (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1In a saucepan mix the sauce ingredients (excluding the cornstarch and water). Bring to a boil, lower the heat and continue to simmer stirring occasionaly while you complete the recipe. It should end up reduced to about half. Once reduced stir in the cornstarch mixed with the water. Cook until thickened and set aside.
- 2Brown the ground beef, drain, and stir in the fiesta restaurante seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Divide the meat evenly on the tortillas (1/3 of the way down the tortilla) do the same with the cheese.
- 4Roll the tortilla (starting at the end with the meat/cheese) after rolling once, fold in the ends and finish rolling. To hold it together you may need to use toothpicks or a flour and water mixture to seal them.
- 5Fry until golden brown or bake in the oven.To bake in the oven: brush with vegtable oil or butter and bake on middle shelf at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Finish under the broiler for approx 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Watch carefully when under the broiler.
- 6Serve with sauce over the top, garnish with a dollop of sour cream and sliced green onions. I usually serve this with some shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes or refried beans.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chi Chi's Beef Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.4
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 101.6 mg
- Sodium 411.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chi Chi's restaurante fiesta seasoning mix