1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I love to go through boxes of Chi Chi Dango while I'm in Hawai'i, and I get it at a certain specialty Japanese candy store. I was so pleased to find this recipe online at Aloha World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients, beat with mixer (low speed) or wire whip until smooth and all lumps dissolve.
- 2Add red food coloring to desired tint.
- 3Generously grease a 9 x 13" pan.
- 4Pour into pan and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- 5Turn oven off but let sit another 15 minutes
- 7Cut into strips, roll in potato starch or cornstarch.
- 8Cut into small rectangular pieces with saran wrap covered knife for easier cutting.
Nutritional Facts for Chi Chi Dango
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 83.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g