Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
I love to go through boxes of Chi Chi Dango while I'm in Hawai'i, and I get it at a certain specialty Japanese candy store. I was so pleased to find this recipe online at Aloha World.
- Combine all ingredients, beat with mixer (low speed) or wire whip until smooth and all lumps dissolve.
- Add red food coloring to desired tint.
- Generously grease a 9 x 13" pan.
- Pour into pan and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- Turn oven off but let sit another 15 minutes
- Cut into strips, roll in potato starch or cornstarch.
- Cut into small rectangular pieces with saran wrap covered knife for easier cutting.