1 hr 25 mins
This recipe was in our local paper several years back. It was a restaurant review of Chez Jose's. I went to the restaurant; so enjoyed this dish, that I came home to prepare it for our family. It has been a favorite ever since. It is now my gift to you. And I still have it at Chez Jose's every, single time that I go there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Special chicken recipe
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 2 1/2 limes, juice of (divided)
- 1Put chicken, onion, wine, chicken broth, garlic, white pepper, oregano, 2 teaspoons of salt and the juice from 1-1/2 limes,(bottled lime juice works nicely, also) and enough water to cover chicken. Simmer until meat falls off the bone (about 45 minutes)(I just use my pressure cooker for 35 minutes after it starts to release it's pressure.).
- 2Remove chicken from pot, into bowl, with a slotted spoon and allow to cool until you can handle it easily. Remove bones from the chicken. Discard bones;reserve meat. This can even be done the night before. Save the stock, it makes into a wonderful chicken soup,later.
- 3In a small bowl stir sour cream,the half and half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, a good pinch of cayenne pepper, remaining lime juice and rind together.
- 4Lightly grease microwave proof casserole dish that is big enough to lay an 8 inch corn tortilla in it flat.
- 5Soften the corn tortilla's in the microwave for a few minutes, layered between a clean damp kitchen towel.
- 6To Assemble the Enchiladas:.
- 7Place a corn tortilla in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Layer with chicken meat and top with the lime/sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, repeat these layers until the ingredients are gone. The top layer shall be the lime/sour cream mixture and more cheddar cheese.
- 8Put in microwave for about 6 minutes or until it is bubbling nicely and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chez Jose Lime Chicken White Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.4
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 1987.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of