Recipe by Lori 13
Chez Jenny is a popular chain of restaurants in Paris. This was a stolen secret...
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat
- 2 onions (minced)
- 2 cups riesling wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 lbs pork chops
- 3 lbs sauerkraut (drained, rinsed)
- fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- 2 whole cloves
- 6 juniper berries
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 6 knackwurst of frankfurters (boiled, chunked)
- 6 fresh german frankfurters (boiled, chunked)
- 1 lb kielbasa (boiled, chunked)
- 2 lbs small red potatoes (boiled, chunked)
- 1 lb bacon (crisp cooked, crumbled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 350.
- Heat fat in a large dutch oven.
- Add onion. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add wine and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add chops, sauerkraut, pepper, cloves, berries, bay leaves and garlic.
- Cover. Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Mound in the center of a large platter. Surround with sausages and potatoes. Scatter bacon on top.
- Serve with mustards and remaining Reisling.