Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Cheyanne. It's from the Men's Health Magazine. Very healthy!
Make and share this Chey's Char Chicken Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs (breasts work, too)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 limes (1 quartered)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- First, make the guacamole: In a mixing bowl, combine the avocado, garlic, cilantro, and juice of one lime. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill on medium high. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the chicken pieces and then rub them with the cumin, and chili powder or cayenne. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Add the chicken, whole jalapenos, and onion rings to the grill. Cook the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until it's lightly charred and firm to the touch. Cook the jalapenos and onions for the same amount of time, turning them to make sure they caramelize evenly.
- Serve the grilled chicken with the guac, grilled vegetables, hunks of fresh lime, and more cilantro.
- Eat with warm corn tortillas and black beans.