1/9 Photos of Cheyenne's Fudgy Dutch Cocoa Brownies & Fudge Icing
This is a recipe that my 13 year old daughter came up with after trying different recipes over the past month...We all deemed it a "Keeper" in our house and will keep making brownies this way from now on! So simple, and I didn't even have to go to the store to buy any more ingredients! Looks cake-like, but tastes so fudgy and chewy...Really good brownies! P.S. My baby, Cheyenne, took all of the pictures herself while I was at work!!! AWWWW! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8x2-inch glass pan.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
- 3Remove melted butter or margarine from heat, add cocoa, and stir until well blended.
- 4Add sugar and mix well.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- 6Stir in vanilla, flour and salt. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- 7Fold in nuts, if desired.
- 8Spread in prepared glass pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, but sides are not yet hard and crusty.
- 9Cool completely before topping with icing.
- 10FUDGE ICING:.
- 11In a small bowl, beat melted butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla until blended. Add powdered sugar and water, and beat (by hand with a wisk) until spreading consistency.
- 12After spreading icing onto cooled brownies, cool in fridge for at least 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheyenne's Fudgy Dutch Cocoa Brownies & Fudge Icing
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.7
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 176.9 mg
- Sodium 467.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 81.2 g
- Protein 7.9 g