Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My friend Cheyanne introduced this one to us. She made it for us all when we were on a couples trip together. Everyone LOVED it. It's super easy and really wonderful. I am sure you can use breasts if your prefer. Cook time includes time to marinate.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a medium bowl.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a zip-lock and pour marinade over it.
- Seal and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Grill 10-15 minutes on each side over med-high heat, basting with the reserved marinade.
This was just OK for us. I'm not sure what it was but my family did not like the taste of the sauce.
This is SO tasty and easy to make. It leaves the chicken really juicy and flavorful. I have made this 4 times now and it has been a hit with everyone that eats it. I highly recommend it, especially for those that don't have time to "cook" (I do the marinade in the morning, and my husband grills it at night. Perfect!)
I used Easy Chili Sauce and it worked really well here. Rain changed our plans so instead of grilling, I baked my two chicken breasts in the full amount of marinade. The chicken turned out very moist and so tender you almost don't need teeth to chew it! Thanks for a tasty & easy recipe HeidiSue!