Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my friend Cheyanne's recipe, she made it for me when I had my last baby. It's different because it's made with chicken not beef. I have made it without the bell pepper and celery and it was still great. Easy, healthy and delicious.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can Mexican tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups cooked macaroni or 3 cups pasta, of choice
- Saute celery, onion and bell pepper in butter until soft. *I do not like crunchy veggies so I start with the celery because it takes the longest, then after a few minutes I add the onions and then the bell peppers.
- Once the veggies are the way you like them add the chicken and brown for a few minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and serve.
Real family pleaser! Cook pleaser too! Fast and yummy! Loved the combo here. I have made a similar dish forever with ground meat but never chicken breast! I like this much better! Thanks for such a wonderful recipe.