Recipe by HeidiSue
This is my friend Cheyanne's recipe, she made it for me when I had my last baby. It's different because it's made with chicken not beef. I have made it without the bell pepper and celery and it was still great. Easy, healthy and delicious.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Real family pleaser! Cook pleaser too! Fast and yummy! Loved the combo here. I have made a similar dish forever with ground meat but never chicken breast! I like this much better! Thanks for such a wonderful recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can Mexican tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups cooked macaroni or 3 cups pasta, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery, onion and bell pepper in butter until soft. *I do not like crunchy veggies so I start with the celery because it takes the longest, then after a few minutes I add the onions and then the bell peppers.
- Once the veggies are the way you like them add the chicken and brown for a few minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and serve.