Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A kid pleasing treat for children of all ages. If you want to get creative, add nuts or M&M's. From the Chex cereal company.
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter (not spread or tub products)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Microwave first three ingredients uncovered in large microwavable bowl, until butter is melted; stir after one minute.
- Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- Add cereals and stir.
- Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every 60 seconds.
- Spread on cookie sheet.
- Cool 10 minutes; break into bite-size pieces.
- Melt chocolate chips in small microwavable bowl until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over snack.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container.
I add dry-roasted peanuts, which give it a great sweet-salty flavor. Both kids and adults love!
This is the best! My kids inhale it almost as fast as I can make it! I like to make it with 4c corn chex, 2c rice and 2c wheat. I try to sneak extra fiber in where I can! ;) —
I made a double batch of these for my ds class, and they LOVED them! The only things I changed were that I cooked this on the stove (stirring for about 5 minutes after getting the cereal coated with the sugar mixture), and using leftover white candy coating instead of the chocolate chips. Thank you for posting!