Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Each serving is 1/2 cup. I found this recipe in Everyday With Rachael Ray. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 2 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups honey nut Chex cereal
- 8 ounces pecans
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside. In small microwave-safe dish, microwave butter on HIGH about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in vanilla.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix all cereals and pecans. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly distributed. Add sugar and spice mixture and stir until coated.
- Microwave uncovered on HIGH 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown, stirring every minute. Spread on wax paper or a cookie sheet to cool. Store in airtight container.
Oh My!! My family loves this. I added a berry mixture of cranberries, blueberries, and cherries. If I had pretzels, I would have added them as well for something salty. I was pretty generous with the cereal serving sizes to get it to strech a bit more. I will be making this to hand out to friends and family this year at the holidays. Thanks for posting!
Made this (along with 3 or 4 other recipes) to take to a kids' taste-testing potluck that was organized for our mobile home park, & although I'm not usually one for all the Chex Cereal thingies, this one was A BIG HIT, with the adults as well as with the kids! I particularly enjoyed the brown sugar & pumpkin pie flavoring! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]