Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in a Family Circle magazine dated 12/13/77 in an actual Chex ad. I haven't made it yet but I'm sure I'll like it since it doesn't have the bagel chips and rye chips, both of which I always pick out!
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed nuts
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Heat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt butter/margarine in a large, shallow pan over low heat.
- Stir in Worcestershire and seasoned salt. Add the cereals and nuts. MIx over low heat until all the pieces are coated.
- Heat for 45 minutes in the oven, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread out on absorbent paper to cool.
Yes, this is close to the one I have. I use a little more butter, 1/2 cup and Deluxe Mixed Nuts with no peanuts. You can also use the Bran Chex.