Recipe by GingerlyJ
I grew up with my nanny making this mix at every holiday and gathering.She points out the importance of using stick maragrine because the tub kind has too much water and will make your mix soggy
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 12/11/12,but due to lack of items on hand, the recipe was slightly altered. They are as follows: 3 cups each of Corn and Rice Chex,1 1/2 cups goldfish crackers,1 cup of slightly crushed waffle shaped pretzels,and a 14 ounce can mixed nuts. For the seasonings: 1 1/2 Tblsp. Worcetershire sauce, 6 Tblsps. stick margarine 1 1/2 tsp. smoky flavored seasoning salt, 3/4 tsp. garlic powder,1/2 tsp. each of the onion and chili powder. And I left out the bite-size garlic chips. And the dry ingredients were mixed in a large bowl, And after melting the margarine, all the seasoning were mixed in well, then poured over the cereal. But instead of using the microwave, everything was poured into a 9 in. x 13 in. which had been sprayed with a cooking spray. Then it was baked at 325 degrees for 45 minutes and stirred every 15 minutes. Even though this isn't the Original 1956 version of the Party Mix, it was still very good. Thank you for posting a recipe that will be made again, and " Keep Smiling :) "
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size pretzel
- 1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips
- 1 cup cheese crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Oven Directions Heat oven to 250°F In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.