Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this recipe in a Women's Day magazine. A quick treat to make using the microwave.
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) bag Chex Mix sweet and salty trail mix
- 1 (11 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Mix cereal and trail mix in a b owl.
- Microwave white chocolate chips and oil in a medium bowl on high, stirring every 20 seconds until chocolate melts and is blended and smooth.
- Immediately pour over cereal mixture and toss with a rubber spatula until well coated.
- Drop in small mounds onto the lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until firm.
Great recipe. I logged on to Recipezaar to find a way to use those little bits of trail mix leftover in the bottom of the bag that no one eats. This was perfect. I used leftovers from three bags of Turtle Chex Mix along with half chocolate/half peanut butter chips in place of the white (I'm not a fan of white chocolate) along with the Cheerios. Easy, quick, and didn't heat up the kitchen on a hot day. Thanks!