Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweet, salty, and crunchy combination. My mom always made this for the holidays. She got the recipe from our neighbor years ago and has made it ever since. A tasty little treat for everyone.
- 12 ounces mixed nuts
- 6 -8 cups Rice Chex
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the Rice Chex and mixed nuts together in a large bowl.
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a saucepan, melt together and boil 5-6 minutes.
- Add vanilla after boiling.
- Pour over cereal/nut mixture.
- Spread around on a large greased pan and cool.
- When cooled, store in a air-tight container.
I had to add alot more cereal to use up all the "sauce." It was very easy to make and tasted good, but was pretty soggy. I'll probably give it another shot, though.
Very good tasting mix,I mixed rice chex and corn chex as i didn't have enough rice chex left from making my chex mix at christmas and I thought it was real good. Thanks,Darlene