Recipe by The_Desperate_Housewife
A sweet, salty, and crunchy combination. My mom always made this for the holidays. She got the recipe from our neighbor years ago and has made it ever since. A tasty little treat for everyone.
- 12 ounces mixed nuts
- 6 -8 cups Rice Chex
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Rice Chex and mixed nuts together in a large bowl.
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a saucepan, melt together and boil 5-6 minutes.
- Add vanilla after boiling.
- Pour over cereal/nut mixture.
- Spread around on a large greased pan and cool.
- When cooled, store in a air-tight container.