Recipe by senseicheryl
Another popular name for this favorite mix is "puppy food". Chow down; it's doggone good!
Top Review by HocoRuco
There are a couple of modified Muddy Buddy/Puppy Chow recipes on Food.com but I really much prefer this classic recipe from the back of the Chex box. The others are all overly rich and overly sweet. Why mess with perfection? I actually usually don't end up using all of the powdered sugar because it doesn't seem to stick after a while. Anyway, thanks for posting just in case they decide to not print this on the box some day in the future!
- 9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, stir together chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.
- Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.