Recipe by Margie99
I would like to make an assortment of buddies/puppy chow. This is the first lemon one I've heard of. Its got fresh lemon juice, peel and white chocolate chips. I got this recipe from one of those grocery store recipe cards my Dh is always bringing home. I would suggest holding back a cup or so of chex until you have seen how much coverage there is on the cereal. I ususally like a bit more stuff on my cereal than the recipe calls for.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I've had puppy chow before and always loved it, but this is a first with lemon and it won't be the last, so addicting, I've already had the recipe requested twice and passed it on. Love the lemon with the white chocolate,
- 9 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a 2 quart microwaveable bowl, micro chips, butter, lemon peel and juice, uncovered on high for 1 minute, stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be mixed smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a 2 gallon resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Add powdered sugar, seal bag. Gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, Store in an airtight container.