Recipe by SJG3483
Just try to resist snacking on this when it is on your conter. It is sweet and salty and sticky and crunchy at the same time. Thanks to chex.com for this recipe.
Top Review by Eleventhletter
My son loved this before it even made it to the oven. He loves the honey nut chex mix but i've had a horrible time finding it for the past several weeks. Well Recipezaar to the rescue once again. We did make a few changes. He doesn't like pretzels so we added Teddy Grahams and I didn't have almonds so we used honey roasted nuts and he loved the coconut. I didn't have any dried fruit but has some granola clusters we used instead and when I ran out of chex cereal we added honey nut cheerios. Well I guess I made a lot of subs but still the base was here and it's great and probably much better for us then the prepackaged stuff. thank you.
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat brown sugar, margarine, honey and cardamom to boiling in 1-quart saucepan.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Spray large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Pour measured cereal, pretzels, almonds and coconut into roasting pan.
- Stir in brown sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Bake about 35-40 minutes at 300, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Add dried fruit for last 15 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper or aluminum foil to cool and store in airtight container.