Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
a Pinterest find!
- 10 ounces white almond bark (can also use white chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 5 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake mix (funfetti or preferred flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Melt almond bark (or white chocolate) and add shortening. I melt mine in a saucepan on low, I always ruin things in the microwave.
- 2. Pour the cereal into a large bowl and spoon in melted almond bark.
- 3. Add cake mix and powdered sugar, mix gently and enjoy!
Pretty tasty! I did back off the powdered sugar a bit. We added edible glitter and called it Bunny Bait!
This was good, but a little to sweet for my liking. If I make this again I would cut the funfetti cake mix down to 1 cup and leave out the powdered sugar altogether. The kids did enjoy this as there afternoon snack, but could only eat about 2 bites because of how sweet it was. I made this for Spring 2013 PAC.
This was VERY well received at our Thanksgiving party! FYI - This recipe can be doubled to use up all the cereal and most of the cake mix. I didn't double the powdered sugar and it was still sweet enough. Thanks for posting!