Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crunchy, sweet & salty and ready in a flash! More of a desert bar than a breakfast item.
Make and share this Chex Dessert Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal or 3 cups corn cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's
- 2 1⁄2 cups pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 5 cups marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Combine marshmallows, butter and peanut butter, melt over low heat or in microwave (microwave & stir in 1 minute increments, usually takes about 3 minutes).
- Combine cereal, M&M's, pretzels and peanuts in a large bowl. Pour melted butter mixture over cereal & mix well, quickly.
- Pat into a greased 9x13 pan and cut into squares OR drop by spoonfulls on waxed paper. Let cool 5 minutes and serve.
These bars are a good combo of sweet, salty and gooey. Made with a combo of rice and corn Chex, 3/4 peanuts and the rest of the ingredients as written. Took to family dinner night with our friends and everyone loved them. Made for PAC Fall 2011.