Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy snack mix that kids and adults both like! Great to have on hand for the holidays.
- 4 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex or 4 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups popped microwave popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, popcorn and peanuts. Set aside.
- In medium microwavable bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Microwave uncovered on High about 2 minutes or until mixture is boiling; stirring after 1 minute. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 5 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every minute.
- Spread on waxed paper until cooled, stirring occasionally to break up. Store in airtight container.
Great snack recipe! The recipe is Easy to make! The best thing is that it turned out just as you would want it to. Be sure to stir the mix every minute so that it coats the mix even. Such great reviews at our Super Bowl Party.
This was an office hit - we couldn't stop eating it.
This was great. I made it for a snack to eat during some holiday movies. I also added honey roasted cashews. Thx for posting this unique recipe.