Recipe by Chris from Kansas
An easy snack mix that kids and adults both like! Great to have on hand for the holidays.
Top Review by Jensenway
Great snack recipe! The recipe is Easy to make! The best thing is that it turned out just as you would want it to. Be sure to stir the mix every minute so that it coats the mix even. Such great reviews at our Super Bowl Party.
- 4 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex or 4 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups popped microwave popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, popcorn and peanuts. Set aside.
- In medium microwavable bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Microwave uncovered on High about 2 minutes or until mixture is boiling; stirring after 1 minute. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 5 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every minute.
- Spread on waxed paper until cooled, stirring occasionally to break up. Store in airtight container.