I found this recently on an insert in a magazine. I have to admit I haven't made this yet however; the ingredients sound terrific together. This would be terrific as a snack for lunches, or for a fall party thanks to all the warm spices.
- In a large bowl, mix cereals and walnuts.
- In a saucepan on medium heat add brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg uncovered, stiring occasionaly, until smooth and bubbly, take saucepan off of the burner and turn off the stove.
- Pour liquid mixture over cereal mixture, stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the cereal mixure onto waxed paper or foil to cool. Sprinkle the dried apples evenly over the cereal mixture.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips and shortening uncovered on high about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; let stand until set. Break into bite-size pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
Yum, so addictive! In place of the plain rice Chex, I used the apple-cinnamon version. In addition to the chopped dried apple, I added some Dole apple Real Fruit Bites. Used pecans in place of the walnuts because that's what I had in the house. The brown sugar mixture doesn't stay liquid long enough to get everything coated evenly, but it distributes well enough that the flavor of the spices is spread throughout. Some of my white chocolate drizzle was really concentrated in a couple areas, so I gave everything a bit of a stir after adding the white chocolate -- not as pretty as just drizzling, but this way the white chocolate got on much more of the mixture. I definitely have to take this stuff to work to share,or I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna eat the whole darn batch myself, lol! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014