Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another sweet treat, practically perfect for that walnut loving family member or friend
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, vanilla and egg substitute, beating until well blended.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the brown sugar mixture and stir just until incorporated and moist; don't over mix.
- Fold in walnuts; then spread into a greased 9" square pan.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 19 min; then cool in pan.
- Cut in squares to serve.
- Variation: swap out the walnuts for pecans instead.
- TIP: you may wish to chop the walnuts a little more finely if you have very young children, if choking may be an issue for them or refrain from giving them access to this treat entirely.
sally grosserode has this recipe but hers use s 1 egg instead of egg beater s she says cookies will be soft in center thank you for posting so i dont have to type another recipe lol