Recipe by Cookin'withGas
Another sweet treat, practically perfect for that walnut loving family member or friend
Top Review by Dienia B.
sally grosserode has this recipe but hers use s 1 egg instead of egg beater s she says cookies will be soft in center thank you for posting so i dont have to type another recipe lol
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, vanilla and egg substitute, beating until well blended.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the brown sugar mixture and stir just until incorporated and moist; don't over mix.
- Fold in walnuts; then spread into a greased 9" square pan.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 19 min; then cool in pan.
- Cut in squares to serve.
- Variation: swap out the walnuts for pecans instead.
- TIP: you may wish to chop the walnuts a little more finely if you have very young children, if choking may be an issue for them or refrain from giving them access to this treat entirely.