Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chewy vegan cookie is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. You can easily make your own variations by adding shredded coconut or chocolate chips, but I find it tastes great just the way it is!
- 118.29 ml canola oil or 118.29 ml safflower oil
- 78.07 ml brown rice syrup or 78.07 ml Agave
- 78.07 ml rice or 78.07 ml soymilk
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 551.25 ml whole wheat pastry dough or 551.25 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml rolled oats or 473.18 ml instant oats
- 354.88 ml raisins
- PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees fahrenheit and lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, brown rice syrup, soy milk, brown sugar, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt, and combine to beat just until a dough begins to form.
- Fold in the oats and raisins.
- Roll out the dough into walnut sized balls (about 1 heaping tablespoon) and place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Press the cookies down lightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 min, until the cookies have spread and are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on their baking sheets for about 2 min before transferring to a wire cool rack.
- Cool the cookies completely before storing in a tightly covered container.