Recipe by emilyrose0o0o1
This chewy vegan cookie is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. You can easily make your own variations by adding shredded coconut or chocolate chips, but I find it tastes great just the way it is!
- 118.29 ml canola oil or 118.29 ml safflower oil
- 78.07 ml brown rice syrup or 78.07 ml Agave
- 78.07 ml rice or 78.07 ml soymilk
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 551.25 ml whole wheat pastry dough or 551.25 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml rolled oats or 473.18 ml instant oats
- 354.88 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees fahrenheit and lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, brown rice syrup, soy milk, brown sugar, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt, and combine to beat just until a dough begins to form.
- Fold in the oats and raisins.
- Roll out the dough into walnut sized balls (about 1 heaping tablespoon) and place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Press the cookies down lightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 min, until the cookies have spread and are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on their baking sheets for about 2 min before transferring to a wire cool rack.
- Cool the cookies completely before storing in a tightly covered container.