Recipe by emilyrose0o0o1
This chewy vegan cookie is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. You can easily make your own variations by adding shredded coconut or chocolate chips, but I find it tastes great just the way it is!
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice syrup or 1⁄3 cup Agave
- 1⁄3 cup rice or 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups whole wheat pastry dough or 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats or 2 cups instant oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees fahrenheit and lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, brown rice syrup, soy milk, brown sugar, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt, and combine to beat just until a dough begins to form.
- Fold in the oats and raisins.
- Roll out the dough into walnut sized balls (about 1 heaping tablespoon) and place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Press the cookies down lightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 min, until the cookies have spread and are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on their baking sheets for about 2 min before transferring to a wire cool rack.
- Cool the cookies completely before storing in a tightly covered container.