Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is not mine, its Tofu n Sprouts recipe, from her blog. These cookies have a really good flavor, I can't pinpoint it, its just really gosh dang good. The cookies have a perfect chew, and they are easy to make. I've made one-two servings many, many times as well.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Ener-G Egg Substitute, powder
- 1⁄4 cup non dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- .) Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2.) In a small bowl, mix soy milk VERY WELL (until creamy) with Ener-G egg replacer and flax meal using a fork. Set aside.
- 3.) In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Set Aside.
- 4.) In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil, Smart Balance and sugars. Add soy/flax mixture and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- 5.) Gradually add flour mixture to liquids. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 6.) Drop by small well-rounded teaspoonfuls (actually less than a teaspoon, more like 3/4 tsp) onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7.) Bake for 8 - 10 minute until lightly golden. Watch the time, it depends on the pan. This produces a bite-size, melt-in-your-mouth, chewy cookie.
- **If you want crisp cookies, or larger cookies, play with the baking time by just a few moments.
- 8.) Let cool on the pan 5- 6 min., just until set enough to remove to wire rack. They will be very soft and fragile, but will set up as they cool.
- Let pan cool before baking more.