Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These cookie bars have a crispy chocolate graham cracker bottom with a chewy coconut top. The two textures are just prefect for each other.
- 8 ounces dark chocolate graham crackers
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a shalloe 8-ich spare baking pan and line the bottom Crush the crackers in a plastib bag with a rolling pin or in a food processer Melt the butter and stir into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan Beat together the evaporated milk, egg, vanilla, and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, and shredded coconut.
- Pour over the base and then level the top Bake for 30 minutes or until just golden Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, cut them into squares.
- Let them cool completely in the pan Carefully remove the squares from the pan and place them on a board.
- Melt the dark chocolate (if using) and drizzle it over the tops.
- Let the chocolate let and serve.
I'm sorry I didn't really care for these bars. They were a little too egg-flavored, and not enough coconut flavor. Like kdp said, I think they are missing something.
My brother-in-law really liked these. They were easy enough to make although I personally thought they needed "something"...just not sure what...