Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
the more ginger the better!
- 591.47 ml flour
- 9.85 ml powdered ginger
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cloves
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml chopped crystallized ginger
- 14.79 ml grated fresh ginger
- white sugar (optional) or powdered sugar, for rolling (optional)
- heat oven to 350
- combine flour, powdered ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt and cayenne if using. set aside.
- cream brown sugar, shortening and butter until fluffy.
- add eggs molasses and beat until blended.
- add flour mixture just until blended.
- gently stir in crystalized ginger and fresh ginger.
- cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- shape dough in 1 inch balls and roll in white sugar or powdered sugar -- or nothing and place on a baking sheet. may flatten SLIGHTLY not too much or they loose thier chewiness, or not at all.
- bake 8-10 minute cookies will be soft. check at 8 min.DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Yum!! We love these soft, chewy gingery cookies...
The best chewy ginger cookie ever!!!!!!! Chewy, spicy and goood
i love ginger dee