1/2 Photos of Chewy Triple Ginger Cookies
the more ginger the better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- white sugar (optional) or powdered sugar, for rolling (optional)
- 1heat oven to 350
- 2combine flour, powdered ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt and cayenne if using. set aside.
- 3cream brown sugar, shortening and butter until fluffy.
- 4add eggs molasses and beat until blended.
- 5add flour mixture just until blended.
- 6gently stir in crystalized ginger and fresh ginger.
- 7cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- 8shape dough in 1 inch balls and roll in white sugar or powdered sugar -- or nothing and place on a baking sheet. may flatten SLIGHTLY not too much or they loose thier chewiness, or not at all.
- 9bake 8-10 minute cookies will be soft. check at 8 min.DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Triple Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 423.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: