the more ginger the better!
Make and share this Chewy Triple Ginger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- white sugar (optional) or powdered sugar, for rolling (optional)
- heat oven to 350
- combine flour, powdered ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt and cayenne if using. set aside.
- cream brown sugar, shortening and butter until fluffy.
- add eggs molasses and beat until blended.
- add flour mixture just until blended.
- gently stir in crystalized ginger and fresh ginger.
- cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- shape dough in 1 inch balls and roll in white sugar or powdered sugar -- or nothing and place on a baking sheet. may flatten SLIGHTLY not too much or they loose thier chewiness, or not at all.
- bake 8-10 minute cookies will be soft. check at 8 min.DO NOT OVERBAKE.