Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is adapted from The Pioneer Woman's recipe for oatmeal bars. I was short on time and decided instead of cutting my butter into tiny pieces the way she suggested, I would just slice it and put it on the oats in a 'dump' style fashion (if you're not familiar with dump cake..check it out..so yummy and easy!). The result is nothing short of sublime yumminess! Had I thought it through, I would have added about 1/4 cup of walnut 'dust' as well for some added protein. Definitely for the next time! The majority of my ingredients are organic, whether you choose to go this route is strictly a matter of personal choice.
- Combine all the dry ingredients. I like to give a couple pulses in my food processor to be sure it's blended well.
- Pour 1/2 of the dry mixture into a prepared 8X8 baking pan.
- Place thin pads of butter over the entire surface of the dry mixture. No overlapping is necessary, there can be some space between the pads.
- Spoon and spread the preservatives over the butter.
- Top with the remaining half of the dry mixture and then place more pads of butter on the top of that mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting to avoid the bars falling apart.