Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This trail mix is chewy not crispy like granola. It sticks to your ribs! You can tailor the fruit mix to your liking. The condensed milk is the key to the chewiness (without being brittle). This takes five minutes to stir together and bake!
- 473.18 ml granola cereal
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped walnuts
- 99.22 g can flaked coconut (1 1/2 cups)
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds
- 118.29 ml wheat germ
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml banana chips
- 118.29 ml dark raisin
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 118.29 ml dried cherries
- 118.29 ml dried apricot, diced
- 236.59 ml M&M'
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except dried fruit (banana chips and raisins, cherries and apricots) and m&m's.
- Mix well.
- Spread evenly in an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet-spray foil with Pam (makes for easy clean-up).
- Bake at 300 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes (I like to leave some large clumps and break apart when cool).
- Note: Check at 40 minutes. Sometimes it's done. It will harden when cooled.
- Remove from oven. I like to immediately remove trail mix onto another pan or cookie sheet to cool.
- When warm, stir in banana chips, raisins, cherries and apricots.
- Cool thoroughly and add chocolate candies.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
A delicious chewy treat! My son and daughter and I all enjoyed this. Thank you!