1/2 Photos of Chewy Trail Mix - Paula Deen
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This trail mix is chewy not crispy like granola. It sticks to your ribs! You can tailor the fruit mix to your liking. The condensed milk is the key to the chewiness (without being brittle). This takes five minutes to stir together and bake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups granola cereal
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup banana chips
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1 cup M&M'
- 1In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except dried fruit (banana chips and raisins, cherries and apricots) and m&m's.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Spread evenly in an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet-spray foil with Pam (makes for easy clean-up).
- 4Bake at 300 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes (I like to leave some large clumps and break apart when cool).
- 5Note: Check at 40 minutes. Sometimes it's done. It will harden when cooled.
- 6Remove from oven. I like to immediately remove trail mix onto another pan or cookie sheet to cool.
- 7When warm, stir in banana chips, raisins, cherries and apricots.
- 8Cool thoroughly and add chocolate candies.
- 9Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Trail Mix - Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.9
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 329.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 56.8 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: