Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
a really good cookie
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In medium bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- in small saucepan, bring corn syrup to a boil.gradually add to the creamed mixture.beat in egg and tangerine peel.
- combine dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture --
- cover and refrigerate 2 hours --
- roll on floured surface,.cut with cutter --
- place 1" apart on greased cookie sheet.
- bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes.or edges are firm.
- remove to rack to cool completely.
very good cookies!. I halved the cloves and nutmeg and they were great.
I tried this for to see if I could use it on my xmas platter-i wanted tangerine-i didnt get it-maybe cause it was only 1 tlb. Tangerine peel-maybe if it had some juice of tangerine ,would be better.Sorry,i tried,it didnt come off.