Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
i made this for a family gathering and they where gone before dinner was served! i got the recipe from my grandma.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweeetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- FOR CRUST- Heat oven to 350°F Combine flour, brown sugar and butter in medium bowl; mix until crumbly.
- press into abottom and 1/2 inch up sides of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- spread preserves over the hot crust.
- For topping- combine topping ingrdients; mix well.
- spoon over preserves.
- so not too completly cover preserves.
- Bake 35 minsutes or until browned and bubbly all over.
- cool completely.