Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I try to pretend these cookies are healthy. Oats are healthy, right? Believe me on the black pepper. You won't taste it, but it leaves a slight (very slight) tingle in your mouth, and brings out the flavour of the other spices.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Cream the butter and two sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one by one and add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and pepper.
- Stir this mix into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the oats and cashew nuts.
- Chill for an hour in the fridge, then spoon golfball-sized balls of mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- When ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet onto a cooling rack.