Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a huge amount, and they are simply the best bars! My "Really Easy and Good Chocolate Buttercream Frosting" Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing goes great with these bars!
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no subs)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract (or use 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- chocolate frosting (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet/pan.
- Line bottom with waxed or parchment paper.
- In a small cup dissolve the coffee granules in warm water until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and combined (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in corn syrup; beat until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, coffee/water mixture, vanilla and maple extract; mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- On low speed on the electric mixer add in flour alternately with sour cream (ending with flour mixture).
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Cut into about 2-inch squares and serve.
Heaven in a square! I have enough bars to last a year! Kit my family loved these, thank you!