Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great alternative to store bought snack bars
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried fruit, chopped
- 5 cups cereal, such as Wheaties
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and honey and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in fruit bits and cereal, and combine well.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch baking pan, using a piece of wax paper. Chill with paper on top for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the paper and chill for another hour.
- Cut into bars.