Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sweet and salty snack is easy to make and always goes pretty quickly. Might want to double it (I'd suggest doing it in two pans, though). Cooking time listed is refrigeration time.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookies
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) bag peanut butter chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows evenly over crust.
- Return to oven; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while making topping.
- In large saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and peanuts. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.