Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living. The kids can help make this one for the Fourth of July.
Make and share this Chewy Red, White, and Blue M&m Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 354.88 ml creamy peanut butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml light corn syrup
- 1064.65 ml uncooked oats
- 236.59 ml semisweet chocolate morsel
- 236.59 ml red white and blue M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- Add both sugars and butter to a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, mix until creamy.
- Add in eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, and corn syrup; beat until mixed well.
- Add in oats and remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
These cookies have something for everybody...peanut butter, chocolate, oats..yum! I substituted 1 cup of M&M baking bits for the regular M&Ms and followed the directions as written. The hardest part of baking these cookies is waiting for them to cool off. Thanks, NurseDi!
This is a tasty cookie, but I am not a fan of the no flour cookie. Has a very weird consistency to it, and bakes up really flat.
These were a complete hit! How Chewy! If I can snag some away from my DH, I will take a photo of them! Okay, so I didn't have Red, White and Blue M & M's, but I like the idea!! I made the cookies pretty much as directed, except I added a handful of peanut butter chips I found in the cabinet. I also used half quick oats and half old fashioned oats. They are great!! Thank you so much for sharing, I will be making this again!!