Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Pour butter into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread over butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; immediately dust with confectioners sugar.
- Cool before cutting.
They were delicious! I did use the powdered sugar on top and agree that they were sweet, but if you are going to indulge, you might as well enjoy it! My family and coworkers devoured them.
I like these bars. I think next time I make them, I will leave off the powdered sugar. Just a little too sweet for me with it. Otherwise very easy to make and tasty. Thanks!