Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
So Chewy, just the way I like them ; )
- 20 gingersnap cookies, broke in half
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, seperated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of 13X9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving 2-inch overhang. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cookies in food processor; process until finely crushed. (Or, cookies may be placed in resealable food storage bag and crushed with rolling pin or meat mallet.).
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Add cookie crumbs and salt; mix well. Lightly press crumb mixture in bottom of prepared pan to form thin crust.
- Beat egg white and water in small bowl with fork until fluffy. Brush egg white mixture evenly over crust; sprinkle evenly with pecans. Press pecans in lightly to adhere to crust. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Use foil handles to remove bars from pan to cutting board. Cut into 3-inch squares; cut squares diagonally in half.