Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
another jar mix that is well recieved when given...
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix flour with baking soda and baking powder --
- Then layer ingredients in order written above into a wide-mouth quart jar.press each layer firmly before adding next ingredient.
- Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add: 1 stick butter or margarine, very soft.Please do not use diet margarine or butter in this recipe --
- 1 egg, slightly beaten.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands --
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts --
- Place 2" apart on sprayed baking sheets --
- Bake at 350* -- for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
I love making cookies in a jar. So this was a great experience
This was wonderful so tasty and simple, we made them for girl scouts fun fun fun