Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These remind me of the cookies served in school. Moist and chewy. Yum! Takes ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Easy to make and fast!
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the mixer cream together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend well.
- Spread evenly into a greased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown and done.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into "finger" bars about 1 inch by 3 inches.
Quick and easy bar cookie that saved the day when I needed lunchbox treats! Used butter and natural peanut butter. I'll certainly use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2009.